Around 2009 I began immersing myself in digital landscape photography, and since then it has become a passion of mine. Situated in Perth, Western Australia, I am lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful and exquisite places in the world. I am inspired and influenced by my Father, a fellow photographer, who has been a great support, sharing his knowledge with me. I am also inspired by my environment, as I strive to capture and highlight its beauty. I regularly travel to Australia’s South West, and I am always trying to travel to new places and use new techniques to broaden my photographic horizons and experience. Ultimately for me, photography is about finding the beauty and perfection in a mere moment, and capturing it to last forever. Through trying to do this, I produce digital photographs which are of a highly professional quality. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my portfolio.
2011 International Photo Awards – 1 Honorable Mention in the Landscape Category.
2010 International Photo Awards – 3rd place in the Non Professional “Moving Images” Category.
2010 International Photo Awards – 1 Honorable Mention in the Landscape Category.
2009 Annual MyPlace WA Photographic Competition – First Prize in Open Category.
2009 Annual Mosman Park Art Awards – First Prize in Under 21 photographic Category.
At the end of 2008 I began using the Canon 400D with it’s two Kit lenses. It was a really great camera to really get to experiment with new techniques while I was learning. I then invested in a wide angle Canon 10-22mm lens. Towards the end of 2009 I upgraded to the Canon 7D dSLR Body. In April 2012 I purchased the Canon 5D Mark III.
My current camera gear includes:
- Canon 5D Mark III dSLR – Professional camera body.
- Canon 7D dSLR – Professional camera body (Backup).
- Fujifilm x100s – Travel camera (Backup).
- Canon 24-70mm F/2.8 L Lens – A superb all round lens which produces excellent quality and sharpness. I use this when producing large digitally stitched panoramas.
- Canon 10-22mm F/3.5 Lens– The 10-22mm, super wide-angle lens allows me to get up close with the landscape and still fit everything into the photo. I use this for my standard format photographs.
- Zeiss ZE Makro Planar 50mm f/2.0 Lens– The wide aperture, small focusing distance and amazing sharpness really makes this a beautiful lens. I use it for producing stitched panoramas and my portrait photography.
- Lee Grad ND and B+W filters – These filters allow me to balance the light in the sky and the foreground during sunset when the light is very intense.
- Manfrotto 190XPROB legs, Manfrotto 804RC2 head, Manfrotto 341 Elbow Bracket
- 15.4” i7 Macbook Pro – Great size for on-the-go processing of images.